Saturday, January 3, 2015
Friday, December 19, 2014
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Take a peace of fabric and sew it like a tube.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
What to do if you’re in a rented apartment and you don’t want (or can’t) to change anything, but however, you would like to put your touch in the space.
In this apartment, curtains where problem. Curtain rod couldn’t be removed so easily. So here is what you could do in that case:
And then, you ask your husband to put it on the curtain rod (yes, old curtains are still up, you don’t take them of in this case, because if you could do that, than you wouldn’t need a help from Velcro)
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
1. I found flat stones
2. I colored them in mint color (I tried to make “mint” my wedding color, but I couldn’t find any ribbon or pearl or flower or any decoration in that color, so… I had to modify that) To get that “mint” color you have to mix a lot of white and a little of DARK green. (If you use light green, it has to much yellow in, so you’ll get just lighter green.)
3. Then I decoupaged some butterflies and let it dry.
4. I found magnet strip on ebay. You can cut it with scissors. So I glued pieces of that magnet on the non-colored side of stones.
5. I could add some words, date… I decided to write initials and keep it simple.
What do you think? Could those favors be wedding favors? And, would you be brave enough to have this kind of bouquet for your real one?
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
I had plain, white envelopes for wedding invitations, so I thought that it would be nice to make “something”.
Our names with nice letters. Decent but different. I started stamping them in silver color, but it wasn’t what I wanted so it become green, not perfect but better.
So, what did I do?
1. I wrote our names on computer, printed that, and brought it to a man who is making stamps (pokraj FINE u Splitu sam ja napravila ovu gumu za pečat. Iako, ne mogu ih od srca preporučit jer mi nisu dobro ispale tanke crte na slovima na pečatu. A možda bi to svugdje tako ispalo, ne znam.)
2. Next day rubber for stamp was done. (It would turned out better if I didn’t use so thin lines). It was about $12.
3. My brother found some wood to glue this stamp rubber on. (I should make it more fancy, but I was all in cutting costs so I didn’t care for that. I could buy real one, but it would be $10-$15 more, so that cost didn’t have any sense for me)
4. Stamping could begin
The best part is that I can use it again for gift giving or something. I could just change a color.
I’m definitely using it for Christmas!