There’s nothing fun as surprising kids!
And those cakes where a big hit. This is first time that I covered it with fondant. I didn’t have time, and more important, I didn’t know how to make those sides smooth. So it looks like a tablecloth on round table. I’ll have to figure it out /I know in theory what should I do/.
But, kids didn’t mind!
I think that it is easier to make cakes for girls. You always go for princes or something flowery. Safe game. But when you’re making cakes for boys… you have to be little more creative.
Back on fondant. This is not classic fondant /because, classic one seams so complicated/. I made it out of marshmallows. It is so simple!
1. First I cut big marshmallows on smaller pieces /because I read that I should use mini marshmallows/
2. I put 4 tablespoons of water in the bowl
3. Then I put marshmallows in the bowl, and all together on the stove on the light temperature to melt. I had to stir with a spatula, constantly. /you know when you stir and press to break big pieces…/
4. After it melts, put in powdered sugar. How much? Well, I didn’t measured. First a little bit and keep adding it till it becomes like a dough.
5. I sprinkled working surface with powdered sugar and took fondant out of bowl.
6. At this moment I added color. I guess that I could do it earlier. Rest of the process is like for the regular fondant. I rolled it out and placed it on the cake.
(you know that you have to cover cake with butter cream first? Mix equal parts of butter and powdered sugar. But you’ll easily find right receipt on Google.)
It didn’t look neat. But boys where happy with their surprise!
Do you have any fun ideas for boys cakes?